Orange County Car Accident Lawyer
Residents of Orange County must be informed about the necessary steps to take in the event of a car accident. Statistics reveal that over 6 million individuals experience car accidents annually, leading to various challenges such as lengthy recoveries, emotional distress from fatalities, or legal complications. If you’ve been injured due to the negligence, recklessness, or intoxication of another motorist, you shouldn’t bear the financial burden alone. Seeking the assistance of a skilled Orange County Car Accident Lawyer is essential to initiate a personal injury lawsuit for rightful compensation.
Elements of Personal Injury Lawsuits
Personal injury law hinges on the principle of negligence. To succeed in a personal injury claim, it’s crucial to demonstrate that the defendant, typically the other driver involved, acted negligently. An attorney plays a pivotal role in navigating this legal process. Even if the case appears straightforward, self-representation may overlook critical aspects that could affect the case’s outcome.
In cases where injuries are severe or entail a painful recovery, your attorney will collaborate with medical experts to quantify the extent of your suffering. Though assigning a monetary value to pain and suffering may seem challenging, expert witness testimony significantly influences judicial decisions regarding appropriate compensation.
Loss Of Income
Injuries can occasionally impede your ability to work for a duration. In such instances, you have the option to pursue legal action to claim the wages you would have typically earned if not for the injury. Furthermore, if the accident results in permanent disability, rendering you unable to resume work, you can seek compensation for the potential income you would have reasonably anticipated earning if the injury hadn’t occurred.
Negligence And What You Can Do
Under negligence law, if a judge determines you to be 10% at fault for an accident in a lawsuit amounting to $100,000, your damages will be proportionally reduced by 10%, resulting in a $90,000 award instead. Establishing negligence involves demonstrating three key elements to the court:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care, implying a responsibility to act reasonably. In the context of car accidents, this duty entails drivers operating their vehicles safely in compliance with traffic laws, avoiding distractions, and abstaining from driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The defendant breached this duty through some action or inaction, commonly involving behaviors like distracted driving, speeding, failure to signal, driving under the influence, or aggressive driving.
- Your injuries and damages directly resulted from the defendant’s breach of duty. Legal action can only be pursued for injuries and damages directly caused by the defendant’s actions.
California follows a comparative negligence law, whereby a plaintiff’s compensation is reduced proportionally if they are found partially at fault for an accident.
Any car accident case holds the potential to become a time-consuming and stressful process. Regardless of its complexity, Banner Attorneys possess the experience and expertise to fully represent your case. Operating on a contingency fee basis means you won’t incur any legal fees unless we secure a favorable outcome for you. Contact our team for a complimentary consultation. We’ll assess the details of your case and advise on the viability of pursuing legal action.
A Compassion For Others & A Desire To Help People
A few years ago, Brian was involved in a major head-on auto collision himself and worked with two insurance companies to retrieve the maximum amount possible in settling his claims. He also underwent numerous medical procedures and treatment, giving him first-hand understanding as to what his clients experience while injured from an accident. He can truly empathize with his clients. He has walked in their shoes, and fights for their rights as if it were his own claim to tackle. His accident instilled in him a genuine empathy for clients who are enduring their own trials from an accident.
Necessary Medical Attention
Emphasize the necessity of seeking immediate medical attention following a car accident, regardless of perceived injuries. Certain injuries may not exhibit symptoms immediately post-crash, underscoring the importance of promptly consulting a physician for evaluation. Once medical concerns are addressed, procure a copy of the police report for the accident. In California, it is mandatory to notify the police in cases of injury or property damage resulting from a car accident.
Five Things to do After an Auto Accident
- Prioritize Your Medical and Emotional Well-being: Immediately engage with emergency personnel at the scene or seek assistance to get to the emergency room for a thorough medical evaluation. Despite potential shock-induced insensitivity to pain, it’s essential to seek medical attention promptly.
- Ensure Ongoing Support by Contacting Our Office: Our team is accessible 24/7 to provide guidance at every stage of the accident process. Reach out to us for assistance and clarification on navigating the situation.
- Attend to Your Vehicle and its Relocation: If your vehicle is deemed beyond repair, arrange for its removal to a tow yard or repair facility. Before engaging with the insurance company, consult our office for advice on the best course of action.
- Understand Your Coverage Through Your Policy: With the guidance of your attorney, collaborate with your insurance provider to address vehicle damage. If your insurance coverage is inadequate or non-existent, discuss options with your attorney regarding engagement with the other party’s insurance company.
- Maintain Consistent Medical Care: Despite the challenges and demands following an auto accident, prioritize regular medical check-ups to safeguard your well-being. Avoid prolonged periods without medical attention by scheduling appointments consistently.
Winning Your Case
Your attorney will meticulously collect essential documentation and evidence to construct a robust case on your behalf. If successful, your compensation may cover various expenses, encompassing medical costs such as emergency transportation, prescriptions, specialist consultations, and ongoing rehabilitation. Additionally, compensation can extend to property damage, encompassing vehicle repairs and replacement of items damaged in the accident, such as smartphones or personal belongings.
Top 5 Reasons You Need Brian Banner as your Auto Accident Attorney:
- Having experienced a serious accident himself, he understands firsthand the challenges and life-altering impact of such events.
- With nearly two decades of experience, he has honed his skills in battling insurance companies and adeptly challenging their strategies to minimize or evade claims.
- Operating on a contingency fee basis, he only earns when he secures a favorable outcome for you, ensuring alignment of interests.
- Boasting a remarkable 98% success rate, he brings his inherent competitive drive to your representation, vigorously advocating against insurance companies on your behalf.
- His commitment to efficiency is evident in his impressive 93-day average turnaround time, demonstrating his dedication to swiftly resolving your case while maintaining a relentless pursuit of justice.
Experienced Orange County Auto Accident Lawyer On Your Side
Hiring a proficient attorney capable of establishing defendant fault is crucial. If you’re injured in a car accident, consider reaching out to Banner Attorneys. Attorney Brian Banner boasts over a decade of experience in Orange County and possesses comprehensive knowledge of California law. With an impressive 98% success rate, we’re well-equipped to effectively resolve car accident cases in your favor.