Mission Viejo Dog Bites and Attacks Lawyer
Proudly Serving Dog Bite and Attack Victims Throughout Orange County
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nearly 4.5 million Americans are bitten by dogs each year, half of these are children. Even though millions of dog bites occur each year in the U.S., very few of the victims will be compensated by insurance companies for their injuries. Having a dog bite lawyer to negotiate with the insurance company will help a dog bite victim’s chance at getting the appropriate compensation for their medical costs and other suffering both now and in the future, as opposed to a one-time settlement typically offered by the insurance company. An Mission Viejo dog bites and attacks lawyer can handle claims for compensation quickly and efficiently, for residents throughout Orange County, California.
In the event of a dog bite attack, the following action is advisable:
- Seek medical attention. Dog bites frequently lead to infection and may become more serious if left untreated. If the bite is especially serious, going to an emergency room or calling an ambulance immediately is advisable.
- Identify the dog and the dog owner or person responsible for the dog at the time of the bite. The owner is usually the party held liable for your dog bite injuries.
- Report the dog attack. Report the attack to a local animal control center or to the police and/or sheriff’s department. If the dog was a stray, describe the dog and the location in which the attack occurred. While rare, rabies may be transmitted and it is fatal if left untreated.
- Take photos. As soon as possible, take photos of the injuries associated with the dog bite, any clothing that was destroyed during the dog attack, the site in which the attack occurred, and the dog that attacked you.
- Contact an experienced Orange County dog bite attorney at Banner Attorneys about your dog bite case.
Many dog bite victims don’t pursue a lawsuit for financial damages because they know the dog owner. In most cases, however, our attorneys seek compensation from the dog owner’s homeowner’s insurance only, so that there is little financial impact on the pet owner. We work with medical specialists and experts to determine the full extent of financial damages the victim is likely to face over a lifetime. We can help you recover money for immediate medical treatment for wounds and infections, as well as long-term needs such as physical and occupational therapy, psychological counseling, and reconstructive surgery. Don’t let the negligent dog owner avoid liability. Your family has the right to fight for the full and fair money damages to which it is entitled.
A child is able to seek compensation for future needs that may arise. A parent owes it to his or her child to make sure the child’s legal rights are protected and pursued. In many cases, we can help the child obtain a substantial amount of money that can be used for future expenses as an adult, including medical costs and educational needs. Under the right circumstances, an educational trust or annuity may be appropriate for the child.
Dog bites and dog attacks can cause very serious personal injuries. Dog bites can cause scarring, often facial scarring, and other disfigurements, and often severe psychological trauma. Dog bites on children, because of their small size, are very frequently on the face. The psychological injury caused by a dog bite or dog attack can often be permanent.
Contact Our Mission Viejo Dog Bites and Attacks Lawyer Today
Our attorneys have handled dog bite and dog attack cases throughout Orange County, California. Call us today at 1-855-411-2266 for your free legal consultation to review your rights.